Recently, I was watching Late Night with my fiancé, D. After a funny skit D said, “Jimmy Fallon has the best job.” Even though I don’t usually like to admit it, he was right, the man really does have an awesome job.
A brief history:
Jimmy Fallon was born in Brooklyn, New York on September 19, 1974. As a child he loved watching Saturday Night Live (SNL) with his sister and reenacting skits. After experiencing college, Jimmy pursued a career in comedy in Los Angeles. In 1998 Jimmy Fallon joined the cast of SNL (watch his audition here). His impressions landed him a position as a full time cast member on the show in 1999. In 2004 he left SNL and then pursued a career in films; he appeared in Taxi, Fever Pitch, Band of Brothers, Factory Girl, and other movies. In 2009 Fallon became the new host of Late Night, replacing Conan O’Brien. The show has been a huge success and over the years Fallon has been nominated for many awards. He won an Emmy for Outstanding Short Form Picture Editing in 2010 and then in 2012 he won a Grammy for Best Comedy Album ‘Blow Your Pants Off‘. Also, in both 2012 and 2013 he won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host! After 5 great years, Fallon’s time as the host of Late Night is coming to an end and as of February 17th he is taking over The Tonight Show from Jay Leno. As we say goodbye to Leno we also welcome Seth Meyers (from SNL) as the new host of Late Night, premiering February 24th. (History information retrieved from here and here)
Here’s a list of some of his best skits (IMO):
- History of Rap with Justin Timberlake [parts 1, 2, 3 & 4]
- Lip Sync Battle with Joseph Gordon Levitt and Stephen Merchant
- At Camp Winnipesaukee with Justin Timberlake singing Africa and I Only Wanna Be With You
- Evolution of Mom Dancing with Michelle Obama and Slow Jamming the News with Barack Obama
- Fallon as Sara, a teenage girl with a TV show called ‘Ew’ – click here for skit with Channing Tatum
- What a twitter conversation would sound like in real life with Justin Timberlake #Hashtag
- Jimmy Fallon and The Roots singing ‘We Can’t Stop‘ with Miley Cyrus and ‘Blurred Lines‘ with Robin Thicke
- Performing ‘What does the Fox Say?‘ with Ylvis
- ‘Joking Bad‘ a parody of the TV show Breaking Bad
- Singing ‘Sexy Back‘ with The Ragtime Gals and Justin Timberlake
- A compilation of his Music Impressions and Best of Thank You Notes
- Late night hashtags #AwkwardDate and Screengrabs
I must say this has taken me a long long long long long long time to write because I have been watching video after video. The whole point of this post is that Jimmy Fallon is awesome and having his job would be sweet. I love watching his show, and as sad as I am that it is coming to an end, I am excited to see him on The Tonight Show. In a recent interview he said that they are “Not going to change anything,” it will be “the same show”, which makes me very happy!
Thanks for reading my blog! If you have some funny Jimmy Fallon skits that I missed please share below in a comment!!