Hello, my name is Paige! I want to welcome you to my first ever blog. I am so excited that you are here! I spent a lot of time thinking of something to blog about. I read many articles about blog topics/themes and still didn’t know what to write about. I was thinking to myself… What am I really good at? Cooking–No. Technology–No. Fitness–No. Any hobbies? Not really. So, I still have nothing.
Finally, today, a lightbulb turned on in my head! I was checking something off of my to do list for the day and one of the last things on there was ‘post on blog’. I love making lists; I have lists for everything! It’s something I am really good at, so why not embrace my wonderful talent and passion and just make more lists!
- Paige actually isn’t my first name, it’s my middle name
- Rylee is my first name
- When I was 12 I decided I wanted everyone to call me by my middle name because it was a girl’s name and Rylee was a “boy’s name”
- My nickname is P or PB
- I am 22
- I have a chocolate lab named Lucy, who thinks she is about 50 pounds lighter than she actually is (she’s passed out on my lap snoring at the moment)
- Recently I found out that Lucy is allergic to house dust and many other things I have little control over
- From the time I started talking until I was about 6 I had an accent; we don’t know where it came from or what it was but I had my own way of saying things
- This summer I got engaged!
- When we get married my initials will be PP
- My fiancé just had surgery on his shoulder and three weeks ago broke his foot
- I just gave him 2 percocets to knock him out for a few hours so that I could write this post (kidding but not kidding)
*Update: It worked*
- I love A&W root beer
- I went backpacking through Thailand this summer
- While in Thailand I fell in love with scuba diving
- I am now an Advanced Open Water Diver through SSI, which means I can dive anywhere in the world up to 30 meters
- I love grilled cheese sandwiches
- I am taking Child Studies at Mount Royal University
- I drive a baby blue Nissan Versa (this girl drives standard)
- Although I don’t play any sports I have two Calgary Flames jerseys, an Indianapolis Colts jersey, and a Team Canada jersey to support my favourite teams (I still need a Blue Jays jersey)
- I work at a drug and alcohol addiction centre for adolescents (aka, never a dull moment)
- Right now I really want a McDonalds Oreo McFlurry
- On my PVR you would find: SNL, The Bachelor (Juan Pablo=yummy), The Good Wife, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon #lololololololololololololol
- I wear my contacts longer than I should
- Lucy (my dog) gets really excited when she hears the word ‘Jose’
- I can’t cook
- I can make a wicked fruit dip
- Favourite movies: Footloose & Grease
- I have Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop stuck in my head
- My Zodiac sign is Scorpio; whatever that means, I don’t really care.
- I just watched this funny video, you should watch it too!
- I am terrified of spiders; I can’t look at pictures of them, I don’t like talking about them, I can’t even kill a spider because I am too afraid to get that close to it and I am afraid that if I suck it up with the vacuum it will crawl out and seek revenge
- I originally wanted to do 100 things about me but let’s be honest, I don’t want to write that many things and you probably don’t care to read 77 more of these so I’ll stop here at 33
Thank you so much for letting me share this with you. Now it’s your turn! Do we share some of the same interests or experiences?